Baby clubs conducted in english?

Family life in Finland from kindergartens, child education, language schooling and everyday life. Share information and experiences. Network with other families.
Galadriel

Post by Galadriel » Mon Sep 18, 2006 7:15 pm

Hi there. Just wondering if anyone knows about any baby clubs (music clubs, baby swimming, baby massage, etc...) in the Helsinki area that are conducted in english? I have a finnish friend who takes her baby to all these neat kinda clubs, but they're all done in finnish (which I speak very poorly). I'm specificly wondering if there are any clubs out there for children under a year old. I don't even care what kind of club it is, I just want to get out with the baby and have her interact with other babies :)

I've searched all over google with no luck. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help :)

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Rosamunda

Post by Rosamunda » Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:07 pm

Yes there is a Saturday playgroup in Caisa. I'm sure there is something about it in the Families forum on this site.

Galadriel

Post by Galadriel » Tue Sep 19, 2006 5:21 am

Thanks, I'll look into that. I already checked this forum before starting this thread. Everything I found on here was in Espoo. I'm in Helsinki.

CH

Post by CH » Tue Sep 19, 2006 1:33 pm

Familia Club has a children's club that is in English (and Finnish). They have a music club too, but it doesn't say in what language.

Hunaja

Post by Hunaja » Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:30 pm

Hi Galadriel,
There´s an unformal international mothers meeting every thursday at Stockmann-Helsinki, 6th floor, kids area from 11.30.
You could join the group, have a cup of coffee and discuss about some english activities for small kids in Hski with others(sure some Hski-mums can tell you more about their experience and weekly activities).

Next thursday I won´t be able to show up but please, check the post
"M&MS meeting thu21.09 ?"(in Families).

You live in Helsinki, there are plenty of activities you can do : for exemple call your swimming-pool today to know if they still got places for baby-swimming (instructors should speak english anyway).

Have a nice day,
Hunaja

Galadriel

Post by Galadriel » Tue Sep 19, 2006 6:47 pm

Thank you for your suggestions :)

I have thought about going to the thursday stockmann meets, but something always comes up. One of these days though, one of these days..........

Thanks for the link CH

mel

Post by mel » Fri Sep 22, 2006 10:14 pm

Otherwise, I recommend to do the activities in Finnish...even if your Finnish is poor...that's the best way to improve it...at least it worked for meh ;)