Wife of working friend

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
cooldude_1983

Wife of working friend

Post by cooldude_1983 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:56 pm

One of my friends is coming in Finland next month. My friend is working in my company, and his wife will be with him. My friend was wondering if his wife can do something in her free time. They are not after money at all, but his wife would like to spend time nicely and at the same time do something productive. She is a fashion designer back in India and has some hobbies like cooking. She does not mind taking classes as a hobby for free. Any suggestions/pointers/interested? She will be staying in Jarvenpaa, but can travel to Helsinki if needed.

Thanks.

Cheers!
~CoolDu
Image Image

Wife of working friend

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

EP

Re: Wife of working friend

Post by EP » Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:21 pm

She might find something interesting in Cultural Center Caisa in Helsinki. The arrange all kinds of activities and courses, and have also arranged multicultural food fairs. Here: http://www.caisa.fi/etusivu

And next summer she could contact Järvenpää´s Työväenopisto and check in good time what they will have next fall. You don´t have to know the language to take a course in arts, pottery, cooking, gymnastics, dance, and so on.

raamv

Post by raamv » Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:31 am

cooldude_1983 wrote: She does not mind taking classes as a hobby for free. Any suggestions/pointers/interested? She will be staying in Jarvenpaa, but can travel to Helsinki if needed.

Thanks.
Depending on what kind of status she is in, It might or might not be free..So call n inquire for classes before taking any as if you enroll, you agree to pay if it is not free..

cooldude_1983

Post by cooldude_1983 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:52 pm

raamv wrote:
cooldude_1983 wrote: She does not mind taking classes as a hobby for free. Any suggestions/pointers/interested? She will be staying in Jarvenpaa, but can travel to Helsinki if needed.

Thanks.
Depending on what kind of status she is in, It might or might not be free..So call n inquire for classes before taking any as if you enroll, you agree to pay if it is not free..
Raam, I guess I played with words there, sorry about that. What I meant there was that she would not mind teaching other people the things she knows, at no cost! So for example, if she knows Mehandi (Heena) well, she would not mind teaching that to others at no cost is what I meant.
Cheers!
~CoolDu
Image Image