I´m looking for a guitar

Public announcements and notices. Also find information on special offers and discounts.
giacbot

I´m looking for a guitar

Post by giacbot » Fri Apr 09, 2004 2:04 pm

Do you know if there´s a second hand music shop or pawn shop in Helsinki where I could buy a cheap guitar?
Does anyone of you have a dusty guitar in the cellar to sell?
Does anyone of you want to start a band?
:shock: :?:
cheers!

giac

I´m looking for a guitar

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Handsome

Post by Handsome » Fri Apr 09, 2004 3:52 pm

How cheap is cheap?

For €99 you buy this http://www.netzmarkt.de/thomann/thoiw2_ ... dinfo.html from http://www.thomann.de. I know someone who bought the same guitar for his son, and they're pretty happy with it.

Stu

Mattlill2000

Band

Post by Mattlill2000 » Mon Apr 12, 2004 2:28 pm

Yeah I'm into starting a band! Lets get a jam going and see if our musical tastes are on the same planet. t. Matti

P.S. Hope your from the Helsinki area, and for guitars I can probably help.

Lawrence Perry

Post by Lawrence Perry » Mon Apr 12, 2004 4:34 pm

Giacbot

If you already are a guitar player, of course, look and play all the guitars you can to find one that feels and plays the way you like. If you are new to guitars, then find someone who is well versed in guitars to help you pick one out. You want an instrument that you are happy with and really enjoy playing. Isn't that what it is all about? Do you play other instruments? Have fun! I am always learning new things on my guitar and I have played for more than 20 years.

LP

jjtparry

Post by jjtparry » Sat Apr 17, 2004 1:44 pm

Hey, I play guitar and know a bit about them.....Im still in Amsterdam, but ill be there soon...ill start a band!I sing too!!!and i also play bass and keyboards, so if u r interested.I also have 6 guitars so u can always borrow one....
t :D

meenfreem

Post by meenfreem » Sat Apr 17, 2004 1:49 pm

tikkurila has some sort of pawn shop as i recall... itäkeksus too i think... try your luck there for a cheapo guitar...

if there are any punk rockers out there, i'd be more than happy to go jam sometime... it's been tooooo long since i rocked hard :)

giacbot

holland punk rockers

Post by giacbot » Sat Apr 17, 2004 7:12 pm

hei that´s good! More than happy to jam sometimes with you all!
Frank we were in the finn. course together this august. recognized you by the photo!
Cheers
giac

jwesthues

Post by jwesthues » Sat Apr 17, 2004 8:04 pm

I am also interested in getting together for a jam session. I've been thinking about getting some people together to play in Finland, but just haven't gotten around to it yet. I am another guitar player, but also like to play bass (I just don't have one).

Where do you musical tastes lie? I actually prefer if they are not identical. That is when you get the most interesting results.

- Jukka

jjtparry

Post by jjtparry » Sun Apr 18, 2004 3:45 pm

I am into all types really....Rock,blues,folk,house music, funk, disco, cheesy ballads. It would be good to get together at some point to start something......you can check out the m usic Im doing at the moment at http://www.nathanmas.com but it would be good to get something together......
so it looks like we have two guitarists a bass player and a singer. Just keboards and drums to go and then we r sorted!!!COOL!!!!

Mook

Guitar Shop

Post by Mook » Sun Apr 18, 2004 6:59 pm

Try here: http://www.soitin-huttunen.com for something affordable or http://www.kitarapaja.com for that 1969 Les Paul with the gold-plated kitchen sink attachment.

-Michael

meenfreem

Re: holland punk rockers

Post by meenfreem » Sun Apr 18, 2004 7:37 pm

giacbot wrote:hei that´s good! More than happy to jam sometimes with you all!
Frank we were in the finn. course together this august. recognized you by the photo!
Cheers
ahyes, giancarmo... the italian who speak german with his finnish girlfriend (fiancee?!)... how international do you want it! We have to meet up some time... paycheck is coming in soon, so maybe next weekend sometime, somewhere?

giacbot

Post by giacbot » Mon Apr 19, 2004 5:17 pm

hei frank,
you got it right, that´s me. the perverse german-speaking-with-girlfriend-guy
friday after work for a beer?
cheers
giac

Poe

Post by Poe » Tue Apr 20, 2004 11:01 pm

Hey giac!

Did you get any responses?

I'm also in the hunt for a not-in-use guitar going cheap.

Anybody out there wanting to offload one to me?

Thanks,
Poe :)

Mattlill2000

JAMMING

Post by Mattlill2000 » Wed Apr 21, 2004 10:28 pm

Does anybody have a place to jam in?