job

Public announcements and notices. Also find information on special offers and discounts.
sipekkan

job

Post by sipekkan » Wed Apr 21, 2004 11:26 am

Hello to everybody,

I came to Finland nearly 8months ago and have been seeking a job for 8months.I studied Labour Economics and Industrial Relations in Turkey.I can speak English and little finnish except for Turkish.But the biggest problem is that I have B4 visa status it means I dont have work permit.
Anyway,8 months is pretty long time and enough for depression :) So nowadays I have been thinking I can do any job such as cleaning,babysitting(I am also qualified at babysitting.Because I studied children development and education when I was at vocational school and also 1year worked as a kindergarden teacher)
Can somebody give me advise?
Thanks.

job

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

pierrot

Post by pierrot » Wed Apr 21, 2004 11:37 am

Maybe you should look/post in the section called "Jobs & Studying" here: http://www...com/bb/viewforum.php?f=20
:ochesey:

But finding a job without working permit is very very hard in finland, especially when you dont speak finnish.
Here in Finland, I have done everything I can to blend-in with the Finns, I've changed my hair color, wore differnet clothes, got different

PeterF

Re: job

Post by PeterF » Wed Apr 21, 2004 11:41 am

sipekkan wrote:.But the biggest problem is that I have B4 visa status it means I dont have work permit.
Sorry I am not a visa xpert..you have been here 8 months on a B4 visa..what is a B4 visa and how long does it allow one to stay in Finland?
Is it possible to convert it into a visa which adds work permit application capabilties?

sipekkan

Re: job

Post by sipekkan » Wed Apr 21, 2004 11:49 am

B4 visa status is given to people who their husband/wife works here.My visa status depends on my husband`s visa and now he has B1 and we probably will get end of the 2005 A status it means legally I can work end of the 2005.
On the other hand the officers say I can work but I need an employee but employees dont want to give a job a person who doesnt have work permit and doesnt know finnish.
So unfortunately finding a job will be very difficult for me.
But anyway thanks for consideration.

alloydog

Post by alloydog » Wed Apr 21, 2004 12:03 pm

I believe to be a child carer, you need to 'work' for the local kunta, or community government, or whatever they have where you live. For example, I live up north near Oulu. The local comminuty government is Limingan kuntta. All the child minders are on th epayroll of the local government, & even though you can become a child minder without any major qualifications - you can get training courses whilst you are employed, you might not still be entiled to work, as your visa doesn't allow it.

PeterF

Post by PeterF » Wed Apr 21, 2004 12:07 pm

OK.. have you tried finding work within the Turkish community here..
In the area where I live just about ever pizza/kebab bar seems to be run by Turkish ..(they know how to make good kebabs and keep the prices very low)...they all seem to know each other...they seem to even have their own pub/bar/coffee meeting place...it is the Sophia Bar on the second floor in the Old shopping centre above Ykköshalli Myyrmäki..I notice they have also opened a place in Vantaa Koski..seen the "Sophia Van" outside so they must be expanding their empire.

alloydog

Post by alloydog » Wed Apr 21, 2004 1:45 pm

Out of interest, since you have 8 months to wait untill you can work, what is the problem :?: is it money, or, as the saying goes, "you can't sit still for more than five minutes" :!:
I know the feeling, I lost my job early last year, and although I was in an umemployment fund, so we we not desperate (we were not rich, not by a long shot), but I found the lack of regular work was killing my brain. I went to one job interview, and the guy asked me a real basic question about a radio circuit (one I should know in my sleep) & I totally screwed up. Icould see on this guys face, he thought I was a total ƒµ©|<wit :shock: It really shocked me into bad I was getting. I managed to get myself enrolled, via the work office, into the infamous MaMu Finnish for Foreigners class, (MaMu1). The learning bit kick started my brain, & also it was fun. One problem was that there was three guys from the Sudan, who all spoke really good english, so we knept on getting told off by the teacher. It was just like being a kid again, something I left about twenty years ago :!:

So, could you do volunteer work maybe :?: Find a local charity - check with the work office, becaus eeven though it maybe unpaid work, & you're not eligible for work any way, they might have some funny rules.
What about hobbies :?: I was trying to start a historical re-enacting group, but no-one in up in Liminka was interested. But I never give up...

Rob.

sipekkan

Post by sipekkan » Thu Apr 22, 2004 3:11 pm

The problem is both.I wanna earn money,and secondly I dont have any friend in finland and so I dont have any activity,living like a house-wife is really strange for me.Because when I was in Turkey I am so social going.But here...