Teacher of Finnish?

Learn and discuss the Finnish language with Finn's and foreigners alike
Lillukka

Teacher of Finnish?

Post by Lillukka » Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:35 pm

Hello everyone,

Do you happen to know a good private teacher of Finnish? A friend of mine is having a heavy fight with the Finnish language (a university person… they all speak English there at work). I want to make a surprise gift and find a teacher for him.

Please pm me only if you personally know the teacher or you know someone that the teacher has taught. I am looking for someone who teaches puhekieli successfully, not the skills that are needed to pass the YKI test.

Thanks!

Teacher of Finnish?

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Lillukka

Re: Teacher of Finnish?

Post by Lillukka » Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:13 pm

Sorry - forgot to say my friend is at the level of the YKI test but still cannot speak. And yes, speaking is his problem, he does not need to write in Finnish and google-reading is fine for him. I did not mean that he needs to speak slang, just the common spoken Finnish which is so excruciatingly difficult to some people.

Actually, I don't think that learning puhekieli will shatter your grammar. For me, it was only after I learned spoken Finnish that I started to read news in Finnish and also watch TV. I don't know why, the other way around didn't work at all.