Residence permit (family ties) processing

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
Post Reply
Pppts
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:31 pm

Re: Residence permit (family ties) processing

Post by Pppts » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:50 am

Bluesky12 wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:19 am
Pppts wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:11 am
Bluesky12 wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:07 am

We didn't apply throw enter Finland so can't see the status anless I called... There is a possibility that they call me for interview, so I wouldn't want to be away... but will go for summer holiday ( July/August)anyway, and iwill let them know about it in advance. maybe she comes with me hopefully!
I'm going to hug my man in July, I also wish that he comes back here with me. 4 of us should celebrate together if we also get decision in the same month. :lol:
Yes, it would be great celebration ! Summer season is the best time for them to come to Finland, before it gets rainy and less day light...
Yes indeed :thumbsup: :lol:



Re: Residence permit (family ties) processing

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic
 

Amarabrizi
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:30 pm

Re: Residence permit (family ties) processing

Post by Amarabrizi » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:52 am

please what does section 52 sub sections 1and 2 says about family unification on refusal to grant RP. Thanks

heretostay
Posts: 288
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:54 pm

Re: Residence permit (family ties) processing

Post by heretostay » Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:29 am

Amarabrizi wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:52 am
please what does section 52 sub sections 1and 2 says about family unification on refusal to grant RP. Thanks
You can find the text here:

https://www.finlex.fi/en/laki/kaannokse ... 040301.pdf

okonri
Posts: 39
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:15 pm

Re: Residence permit (family ties) processing

Post by okonri » Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:31 pm

Amarabrizi wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:52 am
please what does section 52 sub sections 1and 2 says about family unification on refusal to grant RP. Thanks
Those sections doesn't talk about refusal.
Have you received your decision?

Hernekeitto226
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue May 08, 2018 4:30 pm

Re: Residence permit (family ties) processing

Post by Hernekeitto226 » Tue May 08, 2018 4:43 pm

Hi. I applied on 28th, March. My status on migraine site is like:
2018/03/28 We have received your application and it is pending.
2018/03/28 A customer number has been created for you. You can see your customer number at the top of the page.
2018/03/28 You have proved your identity and a diary number has been created for your application. You can see the diary number at the top of the page. Your application has been placed in the processing queue. We will contact you if we need more information from you. Our processing times can be found on our website at www.migri.fi
2018/03/28 The processing of your application has started. Contacting us does not speed up the processing of the application. If we need further information from you, we will send you a request through this service.

Does it mean that the processing of my RP has already started? I saw some said here that they waited for the start of the process several months, but mine became like this right after I submitted the application. Or is everybody get this update right after submitting the application? Thanks.

Noon
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:57 am

Re: Residence permit (family ties) processing

Post by Noon » Wed May 09, 2018 11:23 am

Hernekeitto226 wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 4:43 pm
Hi. I applied on 28th, March. My status on migraine site is like:
2018/03/28 We have received your application and it is pending.
2018/03/28 A customer number has been created for you. You can see your customer number at the top of the page.
2018/03/28 You have proved your identity and a diary number has been created for your application. You can see the diary number at the top of the page. Your application has been placed in the processing queue. We will contact you if we need more information from you. Our processing times can be found on our website at www.migri.fi
2018/03/28 The processing of your application has started. Contacting us does not speed up the processing of the application. If we need further information from you, we will send you a request through this service.

Does it mean that the processing of my RP has already started? I saw some said here that they waited for the start of the process several months, but mine became like this right after I submitted the application. Or is everybody get this update right after submitting the application? Thanks.

Yes, it indicates processing has begun. And that is great!
In my case it was after seven months that processing begun. Btw what is your nationality? Are you an American?

Achrafakil
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue May 01, 2018 12:46 am

Re: Residence permit (family ties) processing

Post by Achrafakil » Fri May 11, 2018 2:44 pm

I got this email from migri Today :ohno:

The expected processing time in family tie residence permit applications is 9 month and we are trying to make the decisions on that time. Unfortunately at the moment we have very long queues and we are processing applications which are submitted in October 2017.

Bluesky12
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:53 pm

Re: Residence permit (family ties) processing

Post by Bluesky12 » Sat May 12, 2018 7:20 pm

Achrafakil wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 2:44 pm
I got this email from migri Today :ohno:

The expected processing time in family tie residence permit applications is 9 month and we are trying to make the decisions on that time. Unfortunately at the moment we have very long queues and we are processing applications which are submitted in October 2017.
Thanks for sharing the information with us! Witch month did you apply?

Pppts
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:31 pm

Re: Residence permit (family ties) processing

Post by Pppts » Sat May 12, 2018 8:09 pm

Achrafakil wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 2:44 pm
I got this email from migri Today :ohno:

The expected processing time in family tie residence permit applications is 9 month and we are trying to make the decisions on that time. Unfortunately at the moment we have very long queues and we are processing applications which are submitted in October 2017.
Thanks for sharing information

Achrafakil
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue May 01, 2018 12:46 am

Re: Residence permit (family ties) processing

Post by Achrafakil » Sun May 13, 2018 4:37 am

Bluesky12 wrote:
Sat May 12, 2018 7:20 pm
Achrafakil wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 2:44 pm
I got this email from migri Today :ohno:

The expected processing time in family tie residence permit applications is 9 month and we are trying to make the decisions on that time. Unfortunately at the moment we have very long queues and we are processing applications which are submitted in October 2017.
Thanks for sharing the information with us! Witch month did you apply?
I applied in 3rd May This Year

Hernekeitto226
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue May 08, 2018 4:30 pm

Re: Residence permit (family ties) processing

Post by Hernekeitto226 » Sun May 13, 2018 4:33 pm

Noon wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 11:23 am
Hernekeitto226 wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 4:43 pm
Hi. I applied on 28th, March. My status on migraine site is like:
2018/03/28 We have received your application and it is pending.
2018/03/28 A customer number has been created for you. You can see your customer number at the top of the page.
2018/03/28 You have proved your identity and a diary number has been created for your application. You can see the diary number at the top of the page. Your application has been placed in the processing queue. We will contact you if we need more information from you. Our processing times can be found on our website at www.migri.fi
2018/03/28 The processing of your application has started. Contacting us does not speed up the processing of the application. If we need further information from you, we will send you a request through this service.

Does it mean that the processing of my RP has already started? I saw some said here that they waited for the start of the process several months, but mine became like this right after I submitted the application. Or is everybody get this update right after submitting the application? Thanks.

Yes, it indicates processing has begun. And that is great!
In my case it was after seven months that processing begun. Btw what is your nationality? Are you an American?

Thank you for your reply & sorry for the late reaction. I’m from Japan, but it’s saying it’s being processed, for one and a half month, isn’t it strange...?

undertakerfreak
Posts: 84
Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:57 pm

Re: Residence permit (family ties) processing

Post by undertakerfreak » Thu May 17, 2018 12:11 am

Is it true that you can wait in Finland with your spouse until a decision is made on a residence permit? US citizen here.

ynginvstr
Posts: 56
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:30 pm

Re: Residence permit (family ties) processing

Post by ynginvstr » Thu May 17, 2018 1:18 am

undertakerfreak wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 12:11 am
Is it true that you can wait in Finland with your spouse until a decision is made on a residence permit? US citizen here.
Yes, I have read once at Migri that you can stay in Finland as long as the decision on your application isn't made. And you can stay in Finland even if your Visa expires while waiting for the decision.

I can't find where I read it exactly, but I am sure and certain that I read it. Right now, the website is being updated, and some pages are not availables yet.

If you're in doubt, why don't you email them to make sure — [email protected], or spend some time reading their website. :thumbsup:

Upphew
Posts: 10548
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:55 pm
Location: Lappeenranta

Re: Residence permit (family ties) processing

Post by Upphew » Thu May 17, 2018 10:12 am

ynginvstr wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 1:18 am
undertakerfreak wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 12:11 am
Is it true that you can wait in Finland with your spouse until a decision is made on a residence permit? US citizen here.
Yes, I have read once at Migri that you can stay in Finland as long as the decision on your application isn't made. And you can stay in Finland even if your Visa expires while waiting for the decision.

I can't find where I read it exactly, but I am sure and certain that I read it. Right now, the website is being updated, and some pages are not availables yet.

If you're in doubt, why don't you email them to make sure — [email protected], or spend some time reading their website. :thumbsup:
The new website is meh, but I still could find this page in a minute: http://migri.fi/en/application-processing-stages see the last bullet point.
http://google.com http://translate.google.com http://urbandictionary.com
Visa is for visiting, Residence Permit for residing.

ynginvstr
Posts: 56
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:30 pm

Re: Residence permit (family ties) processing

Post by ynginvstr » Fri May 18, 2018 2:56 am

Upphew wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 10:12 am
ynginvstr wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 1:18 am
undertakerfreak wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 12:11 am
Is it true that you can wait in Finland with your spouse until a decision is made on a residence permit? US citizen here.
Yes, I have read once at Migri that you can stay in Finland as long as the decision on your application isn't made. And you can stay in Finland even if your Visa expires while waiting for the decision.

I can't find where I read it exactly, but I am sure and certain that I read it. Right now, the website is being updated, and some pages are not availables yet.

If you're in doubt, why don't you email them to make sure — [email protected], or spend some time reading their website. :thumbsup:
The new website is meh, but I still could find this page in a minute: http://migri.fi/en/application-processing-stages see the last bullet point.
There you go. :thumbsup:


Post Reply