Can I work in a different field ?

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
shtorresro

Post by shtorresro » Mon Jan 31, 2022 12:58 pm

Hello everyone,

I came to Finland to be an Au pair I got 1 year of residence permit (TYPE B), then i requests to extended my residence permit so i got it for another year (TYPE B)but in this case my field ´´changed´´ i become a nanny, then once again i extended the residence permit and again i got a residence permit (TYPE A) for 2 years and again I applied to extended the permit and i got (TYPE A) for 4 years in the field of cleaning, children care and housekeeper. I have big experience in Call center and i want a job in that field, i am not sure if its possible.?

Something i read that you must apply again for a resident permit in case you want to change the grounds of your permit, but my question is. Is not an option where you keep your residence permit type A (guaranteed for 4 years) and change the field without trying to apply again for approval like in USA example you work like a nanny, but you just make a request to change the field to student and you wait for it and they can accept it but you don’t need to be worry about losing the time of residence permit that you got beforehand .

please help :( i dont know what to do does anyone know what is the best way btw i dont want to marry so please dont mention it .

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

FinnGuyHelsinki

Re: Can I work in a different field ?

Post by FinnGuyHelsinki » Mon Jan 31, 2022 1:51 pm

shtorresro wrote:
Mon Jan 31, 2022 12:58 pm
Hello everyone,

I came to Finland to be an Au pair I got 1 year of residence permit (TYPE B), then i requests to extended my residence permit so i got it for another year (TYPE B)but in this case my field ´´changed´´ i become a nanny, then once again i extended the residence permit and again i got a residence permit (TYPE A) for 2 years and again I applied to extended the permit and i got (TYPE A) for 4 years in the field of cleaning, children care and housekeeper. I have big experience in Call center and i want a job in that field, i am not sure if its possible.?

Something i read that you must apply again for a resident permit in case you want to change the grounds of your permit, but my question is. Is not an option where you keep your residence permit type A (guaranteed for 4 years) and change the field without trying to apply again for approval like in USA example you work like a nanny, but you just make a request to change the field to student and you wait for it and they can accept it but you don’t need to be worry about losing the time of residence permit that you got beforehand .

please help :( i dont know what to do does anyone know what is the best way btw i dont want to marry so please dont mention it .
See https://migri.fi/en/changing-jobs . Finnish Immigration Service (Migri) are the officials dealing with immigration issues, therefore they're the best source for related information. In general, do not try to "guess" how things work in Finland, based on how they work somewhere else.

shtorresro

Post by shtorresro » Mon Jan 31, 2022 4:25 pm

FinnGuyHelsinki wrote:
Mon Jan 31, 2022 1:51 pm
shtorresro wrote:
Hello everyone,

See https://migri.fi/en/changing-jobs . Finnish Immigration Service (Migri) are the officials dealing with immigration issues, therefore they're the best source for related information. In general, do not try to "guess" how things work in Finland, based on how they work somewhere else.

hello thank you for your information it helped me to understand more about the process. Do you have any idea what happens if I work in a different field where i have not be granted `? Does immigration have the ways to find out?, Does Immigration cancel your residence permit if they found out or can they deport you ?

FinnGuyHelsinki

Post by FinnGuyHelsinki » Mon Jan 31, 2022 8:08 pm

shtorresro wrote:
Mon Jan 31, 2022 4:25 pm
FinnGuyHelsinki wrote:
Mon Jan 31, 2022 1:51 pm
shtorresro wrote:
Hello everyone,

hello thank you for your information it helped me to understand more about the process. Do you have any idea what happens if I work in a different field where i have not be granted `? Does immigration have the ways to find out?, Does Immigration cancel your residence permit if they found out or can they deport you ?
See the Migri site, the information is available there https://migri.fi/en/deportation-and-den ... ce-or-stay

Obviously they will not be helping you break the law and getting away with it.

heretostay

Post by heretostay » Mon Jan 31, 2022 8:50 pm

Your employer has to report your salary to tax office every time they pay you. Because everything is electronically connected in Finland, Migri can find out easily if you have been working in a job not allowed by your permit. At latest, you will have problems when you renew, apply for permanent permit or citizenship. At these times everything in your history is checked thoroughly and breaking the law can easily result in denial of permit and removal from country. Not worth it and I suggest that you follow the rules and proper procedures. The culture in Finland is not tolerant of what may be in other countries overlooked or seem to you like a small break in rules. Breaking the law is breaking the law and it is very black and white. No gray areas.

shtorresro

Post by shtorresro » Sun Feb 06, 2022 12:39 pm

I undertand, thank you so much it has been really helpful. sometimes is hard to understand how the system works.:)