Applying for Citizenship 2024

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
Kippuax

Re: Applying for Citizenship 2024

Post by Kippuax » Fri May 24, 2024 4:18 pm

jonathan_09 wrote:
Fri May 24, 2024 2:05 pm
sammyghyft wrote:
Fri May 24, 2024 1:32 pm
I also got thesame message. This is the first time since I applied in December that I got this same message. I think there is someone here who got same message and he got his decision a month later I can't really recall the page. I'm optimistic that the decision will come a month later somewhere towards the ending of June.
I also received that email around one month before my application went to stage 2.
Congrats on your decision. Would you mind to share the queue what was the last time you check? I noticed that people going to stage 2 from queue 5300-5600.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

jonathan_09

Post by jonathan_09 » Fri May 24, 2024 5:17 pm

Kippuax wrote:
Fri May 24, 2024 4:18 pm
jonathan_09 wrote:
sammyghyft wrote:
Fri May 24, 2024 1:32 pm
I also got thesame message. This is the first time since I applied in December that I got this same message. I think there is someone here who got same message and he got his decision a month later I can't really recall the page. I'm optimistic that the decision will come a month later somewhere towards the ending of June.
I also received that email around one month before my application went to stage 2.
Congrats on your decision. Would you mind to share the queue what was the last time you check? I noticed that people going to stage 2 from queue 5300-5600.
Yep I applied during October 2023. It moved to stage 2 when the queue number was around 5400. Stage 2 lasted around a month. Last time I checked the queue number was around 5229. This was last week.

I have a question by the way.
I have a planned trip to France on 16th June and I will stay there for 4 days.
I will apply for the Finnish passport and national ID card on Monday 27th May. I booked an appointment at the police.

I’m not sure if the passport going to be ready by that time.
If the passport will not be ready، is it possible to travel to a shengen country with my home country passport and residence permit card ? I mean will I face problems when I go back to Finland ?
knowing that my residence permit card is cancelled.
Or do you think it’s kind of risky ? And I better cancel that trip if my Finnish national ID card and Finnish passport are not ready by that time.
The trip is not that necessary, it’s just for tourism purposes.

katariinaSii

Post by katariinaSii » Fri May 24, 2024 5:29 pm

Hello everyone!

First of all, I would like to thank the people here who posted updates about queues and answered lots of questions.
I have not written anything before but would like to share my story in case it will be useful for someone.

I came here from Russia as a student in 2015, with a B permit which later changed to a B permit for job searching.
In 2020, I got married to a Finnish guy and obtained an A permit based on family ties.
In 2021, we broke up, and I moved to another city to study at a UAS. The official divorce was at the end of 2021.
I did not change my permit and applied for citizenship in July 2022.
On 04.07.2022, I visited Migri and got a diary number.
Since my current family-based permit would expire this July, in April, I applied for a permit A based on studying and got it in 3 days.
Only yesterday, 23.05.2024, my application moved to stage 2.
They asked for additional information - for some reason, there were no records in DVV for 10 months in 2019 and 2020, and they were also confused about my income information in 2020 (which was only based on Kela payments).
I provided all the documents on the same day in the evening, explaining the situation.
And today, I already received the positive decision. The Q number was around 1342 on May 15, the last time I checked (it started from 7200 :ohno: ).

It was a very long and stressful journey, but it's over, and I'm happy. Wishing everyone good luck!

Auringon_kukka

Post by Auringon_kukka » Fri May 24, 2024 5:52 pm

jonathan_09 wrote:
Fri May 24, 2024 5:17 pm
Kippuax wrote:
Fri May 24, 2024 4:18 pm
jonathan_09 wrote:

Yep I applied during October 2023. It moved to stage 2 when the queue number was around 5400. Stage 2 lasted around a month. Last time I checked the queue number was around 5229. This was last week.

I will apply for the Finnish passport and national ID card on Monday 27th May. I booked an appointment at the police.

If the passport will not be ready، is it possible to travel to a shengen country with my home country passport and residence permit card ? I mean will I face problems when I go back to Finland ?
Or do you think it’s kind of risky ? And I better cancel that trip if my Finnish national ID card and Finnish passport are not ready by that time.
I believe there's an "express" option for passports/ID cards. It costs more, but may be worth it in your case.

just_passing_by

Post by just_passing_by » Fri May 24, 2024 5:54 pm

jonathan_09 wrote:
Fri May 24, 2024 5:17 pm

See here: https://poliisi.fi/en/passport

My passport has expired and I’m about to go on a trip soon. What should I do?
Apply for a new rapid or express passport with an expedited delivery time. For more information about these passports, see section Passport delivery.

If a passport cannot be delivered to you in time even with an expedited delivery time, a passport officer may grant you a temporary passport at their discretion. To apply for a temporary passport, you must visit a police station as the passport will be printed out while you wait. Please note that only the largest police stations have the necessary equipment for printing temporary passports. At the police station, you must prove that you are travelling soon for example by showing your travel ticket.

Temporary passports only cover the necessary time period, and a maximum of 12 months. Before applying for a temporary passport, contact the authorities of your country of destination to find out if a temporary passport will grant you entry to the country. Some countries do not accept a temporary passport as a travel document due to its considerably lower security level.

jonathan_09

Post by jonathan_09 » Fri May 24, 2024 6:06 pm

A that’s perfect then I think I will apply first for express passport. I will talk with them about this on Monday.

Uskomaton

Post by Uskomaton » Fri May 24, 2024 6:09 pm

jonathan_09 wrote:
Fri May 24, 2024 6:06 pm
A that’s perfect then I think I will apply first for express passport. I will talk with them about this on Monday.
When was the last time you have given your finger prints to Migri? To my knowledge, if it is older than 6 years, then they ask for new fingerprints for the passport, otherwise you can order online.

jonathan_09

Post by jonathan_09 » Fri May 24, 2024 6:18 pm

Uskomaton wrote:
Fri May 24, 2024 6:09 pm
jonathan_09 wrote:
When was the last time you have given your finger prints to Migri? To my knowledge, if it is older than 6 years, then they ask for new fingerprints for the passport, otherwise you can order online.
Yep I have given the fingerprints last time in 2018 at Migri service point in Kuopio. I applied online today and E-Service poliisi informed me that I need to visit the police station for fingerprints. I have already booked an appointment on Monday next week. Probably I will see the express option with them

Uskomaton

Post by Uskomaton » Fri May 24, 2024 6:21 pm

jonathan_09 wrote:
Fri May 24, 2024 6:18 pm
Uskomaton wrote:
jonathan_09 wrote:
Yep I have given the fingerprints last time in 2018 at Migri service point in Kuopio. I applied online today and E-Service poliisi informed me that I need to visit the police station for fingerprints. I have already booked an appointment on Monday next week. Probably I will see the express option with them
Yes, that makes sense. If I may ask, which police station you have the booking for? I checked a few, the earliest appointment is in July or August.

jonathan_09

Post by jonathan_09 » Fri May 24, 2024 6:35 pm

Uskomaton wrote:
Fri May 24, 2024 6:21 pm
jonathan_09 wrote:
Uskomaton wrote:

Yes, that makes sense. If I may ask, which police station you have the booking for? I checked a few, the earliest appointment is in July or August.
I booked in Oulu. It was the only slot available for next week. Probably someone cancelled his appointment :))

Uskomaton

Post by Uskomaton » Fri May 24, 2024 6:37 pm

jonathan_09 wrote:
Fri May 24, 2024 6:35 pm
Uskomaton wrote:
jonathan_09 wrote:

I booked in Oulu. It was the only slot available for next week. Probably someone cancelled his appointment :))
Congratulations once again :beer_yum: :beer_yum:

oct.2023.RU.IT

Post by oct.2023.RU.IT » Fri May 24, 2024 6:50 pm

jonathan_09 wrote:
I got my passport the next day after receiving a positive decision. The way it works is that you apply for a passport, pay the fee and then go to the police station without an appointment. It depends on the day, but usually you will be served within 1-2 hours of waiting.
When they serve you, you have to say that you want to get a passport today because you have an urgent trip bla bla bla. Then they'll ask you to pay extra for express processing and you'll get your passport in 0-2 days.
27 y.o female, C++ developer

Auringon_kukka

Post by Auringon_kukka » Fri May 24, 2024 7:39 pm

katariinaSii wrote:
Fri May 24, 2024 5:29 pm
Hello everyone!

First of all, I would like to thank the people here who posted updates about queues and answered lots of questions.
I have not written anything before but would like to share my story in case it will be useful for someone.

I came here from Russia as a student in 2015, with a B permit which later changed to a B permit for job searching.
In 2020, I got married to a Finnish guy and obtained an A permit based on family ties.
In 2021, we broke up, and I moved to another city to study at a UAS. The official divorce was at the end of 2021.
I did not change my permit and applied for citizenship in July 2022.
On 04.07.2022, I visited Migri and got a diary number.
Since my current family-based permit would expire this July, in April, I applied for a permit A based on studying and got it in 3 days.
Only yesterday, 23.05.2024, my application moved to stage 2.
They asked for additional information - for some reason, there were no records in DVV for 10 months in 2019 and 2020, and they were also confused about my income information in 2020 (which was only based on Kela payments).
I provided all the documents on the same day in the evening, explaining the situation.
And today, I already received the positive decision. The Q number was around 1342 on May 15, the last time I checked (it started from 7200 :ohno: ).

It was a very long and stressful journey, but it's over, and I'm happy. Wishing everyone good luck!
Congratulations!! 👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏 Now you can breathe a big sigh of relief!

It's encouraging to hear that you visited migri in July 2022. I went the following month and am hopeful that processing will begin soon.

jonathan_09

Post by jonathan_09 » Fri May 24, 2024 7:40 pm

Uskomaton wrote:
Fri May 24, 2024 6:37 pm
jonathan_09 wrote:
Uskomaton wrote:

Congratulations once again :beer_yum: :beer_yum:
Thank you very much :)) Hope your get your decision very soon.

jonathan_09

Post by jonathan_09 » Fri May 24, 2024 7:41 pm

oct.2023.RU.IT wrote:
Fri May 24, 2024 6:50 pm
jonathan_09 wrote:
I got my passport the next day after receiving a positive decision. The way it works is that you apply for a passport, pay the fee and then go to the police station without an appointment. It depends on the day, but usually you will be served within 1-2 hours of waiting.
When they serve you, you have to say that you want to get a passport today because you have an urgent trip bla bla bla. Then they'll ask you to pay extra for express processing and you'll get your passport in 0-2 days.
Oh that's perfect then :)) I thought that it might take a while to receive the passport.
and have you spoken with them in Finnish or in English ??
I can speak Finnish. but I feel more comfortable to speak in English. I wonder if it is ok to speak in English during passport appointment.