FOR SALE: Antique bed

Public announcements and notices. Also find information on special offers and discounts.
arty fact

Post by arty fact » Fri Jul 16, 2004 12:23 pm

That's such a crap, but it's true, it is law. If I own something from my family which is old as those objects, meaning we pass one to each other family belongings that we possess for centuries, why should the state be its proprietor? If something is mine, then it has to be mine and I can do anything with it. And who is the state generally speaking? A few individuals that rule the country and haven't stole enough and still have the right to do it?

Very ambiguous the new definitions of antique. They probably appeared also because not quite everyone can afford to buy true valuable and rare objects , so the democratic taste invents this- "if you don't know when or where it comes from ,then it is antique and you can still collect it". Gives space to a flourishing industry and lots of apocrypha... or, as I was reading in a book about fans collecting it is advisable we buy 19th century ones, affordable and foundable pieces, that nowadays seem good taste and in the past were let's say if not kitsch (since the term appeared only later!) common, ordinary objects.Hm...

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Hank W.
The Motorhead

Post by Hank W. » Fri Jul 16, 2004 12:50 pm

If anybody is interested, we might go for a little "antiques" tour into a few haunts and I can tell what is worth "grabbing".
Cheers, Hank W.
sitting here like a lemon looking for a gin.