DVD+Rs

Public announcements and notices. Also find information on special offers and discounts.
jcooper

DVD+Rs

Post by jcooper » Mon Aug 16, 2004 11:00 am

Accidentally bought DVD+Rs 6 months ago instead of DVD-Rs. Got 5 unused, one its shrink wrap seal has been broken. 8 euros gets the lot...

Who is this dog Franks?

DVD+Rs

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

superiorinferior

Post by superiorinferior » Tue Aug 24, 2004 8:00 am

What is the difference between the two ??!!
:?:

just me

Post by just me » Tue Aug 24, 2004 11:09 am

superiorinferior wrote:What is the difference between the two ??!!
:?:
Hi,

Here, you can get the answer and probably learn more if you read on the site..... :wink: :wink:

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=103950

jcooper

Post by jcooper » Tue Aug 24, 2004 11:10 am

Well I grabbed this from a site:

The DVD-R DVD+R difference can easily be summarized by the following:

* The DVD-R/RW standard was developed by Pioneer, and is used primarily by Apple and Pioneer. These “minus“ discs can only be written to in one layer on the discs surface. In addition, this format is supported by the DVD forum, but is in no way an industry standard. DVD-R/RW discs are cheaper than the “plus” format.

* The DVD+R/RW format is supported by Philips, Dell, Sony, HP, and Microsoft. These discs can be written to in multiple layers, giving them slightly better and more disc storage than the “minus“ format. Because of this additional capacity, they are slightly more expensive than “minus“ discs.

Course, I never bothered to look during Hullut Päivät and bought them for about 3.75 a piece....
Who is this dog Franks?

superiorinferior

Post by superiorinferior » Wed Aug 25, 2004 1:23 pm

Well, that just bites !

I consider myself a person well versed in computers (for the most part). And now I learn something very new!

How dare the manufacturers sell something so close in name to each other but wind up being perfectly obsolete.

It just makes me :evil: mad...

And no thanks on the offer, I guess...

:(