Eu blue card holder changing country

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
Post Reply
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:23 pm

Eu blue card holder changing country

Post by krapulassa » Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:28 am

My friend has an EU blue card issued by Poland because of his high qualifications and decent salary etc.

He is also engaged to a Polish citizen but hasn't applied for a relationship based permit anywhere in Europe.

They are thinking about getting married at the end of this year.

He wants to move to Finland with his partner and would like to know if he is better off changing his blue card in Finland or instead apply for a relationship based residence card?

Which status has more rights and a clear path to Finnish citizenship?

Eu blue card holder changing country


Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:15 am

Re: Eu blue card holder changing country

Post by newInHel » Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:57 am

I'm not familiar with the EU visas for third-country nationals, however:

If they have been cohabiting (= living together) for more than two years in Poland, and can prove it (they are registered at the same address in Poland for more than two years, for example- but probably other forum members have more concrete examples), then when they move to Finland (together!) he can also register as the family member of the EU citizen and apply for a residence card using the easier EU route, and not a residence permit / visa route for third-country nationals.

See this link:

Post Reply