HELP URGENT!!!

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
Sweetpaulete

HELP URGENT!!!

Post by Sweetpaulete » Sun Oct 14, 2007 8:17 am

:cry: Id like to know if anyone could help me. I wanna get divorced asap and would like to know if theres any quickest way to do it. Do i have to wait 6 months after marriage and then more 6 more for reconsideration period? Isnt there an anullment possibility as in UK or in case both of us want it, if we apply together could it be any quicker? In case of unfidelity, isnt that quicker? Wats the place i should look for in Jyväskylä? I would appreciate any help! Thanks,

HELP URGENT!!!

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

bm50
AKA cockney

Post by bm50 » Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:40 am

Hi!
In Finland it takes 6 months from the time you put the paper into the court, after 6 months you will recieve a second paper from the court you can both sign or only 1 of you has to sign then the court will send you your final divorce paper.
Your local police can tell you where your local court is, you can get the divorce application from the court again you can make the appliction alone or both of you together.

bm50
AKA cockney

Post by bm50 » Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:46 am

If you have not been married very long it may also depend on your nationality and your residence status in Finland example if you are a foreign national and your spouse is a finnish citizen.

raamv

Post by raamv » Sun Oct 14, 2007 3:02 pm

can you pee before you have drunk something??
If there is a faster way legally...It would have been published in

from http://www.om.fi/20517.htm
A marriage may be dissolved by a court order (divorce). A divorce can be granted after a reconsideration period of six months or after the spouses have lived separated for the past two years without interruption. When handling a case of divorce, the court does not examine why the spouses or one of them demands divorce nor the personal relationship between the spouses. A divorce case becomes pending in the District Court by written application, which can be made by the spouses together or one spouse alone. The spouse or spouses may submit the application to the District Court Office either themselves or through authorised counsel. The application can also be sent by mail, telefax or email.
and for more family matters:
http://www.oikeus.fi/17296.htm

normal procedure:
Divorce after the reconsideration period

When a divorce is handled at the District Court for the first time, the handling will be postponed until further notice. Thereafter the District Court shall grant the spouses a divorce when:

* the six-month reconsideration period has expired; and
* the spouses together demand or one of them demands that the spouses be granted divorce.

The demand for the granting of divorce after the six-month reconsideration period has to made in the same way as the application to initiate a divorce case.
and if this is true in your case
Divorce without a reconsideration period

However, the spouses can be granted a divorce immediately without the otherwise obligatory six-month reconsideration period if they have lived separated for the past two years without interruption.

Hank W.
The Motorhead

Post by Hank W. » Sun Oct 14, 2007 3:43 pm

You only can "shorten" the time if you both sign the papers, otherwise the "party to be informed" takes the time the letter is in the mail and processed...

There is a form, the process is quite simple if you don't have mutual assets nor children.

(why do all my links get borked...)
Cheers, Hank W.
sitting here like a lemon looking for a gin.

Sweetpaulete

shame

Post by Sweetpaulete » Sun Oct 14, 2007 6:19 pm

Well, been married less than 6 months(what a bad experience!!!!) and heard that in other countries would be possible to anull it! Its a surprise that such a modern country as Finland dont have this procedure. Thanks for the information anyway.

EP

Post by EP » Sun Oct 14, 2007 8:01 pm

I think annulment is possible only in two cases:

It turns out that husband and wife are too close relatives.

It turns out that either one has already been married elsewhere at the time of the wedding.

But divorce is nowadays so easy (the practical side of it). It used to be a macabre play in many cases: court of law, sordid stories of infidelity and violence when it wasn´t even necessarily true, looking for bad guys and guilty parties, and so on.

Hank W.
The Motorhead

Re: shame

Post by Hank W. » Mon Oct 15, 2007 1:48 am

Sweetpaulete wrote:Well, been married less than 6 months(what a bad experience!!!!) and heard that in other countries would be possible to anull it! Its a surprise that such a modern country as Finland dont have this procedure.
Maybe people should be forced to make a similar petition to get married as well. :twisted:
Cheers, Hank W.

bm50
AKA cockney

Post by bm50 » Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:52 am

But if you are a foreign national ( not EU national ) and your spouse is a finnish citizen and you have been married less than 2 years when you divorce, as far as i know you can be sent back to your country.

Ciprian

Post by Ciprian » Tue Oct 16, 2007 1:44 am

well, elsewhere is within 2 weeks since getting married

if you don't know about that and miss the grace period, then u're f*ed
(maybe not as often/good/great as you used to but still :lol: )

then comes the usual procedure -> in court
Editio princeps.

ilya_

Post by ilya_ » Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:19 am

EP wrote:I think annulment is possible only in two cases:

It turns out that husband and wife are too close relatives.

It turns out that either one has already been married elsewhere at the time of the wedding.
What about the case when wife or husband passes away? Not a hint for the topicstarter, though.

Hank W.
The Motorhead

Post by Hank W. » Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:06 am

Well you're a widow then :roll:
Cheers, Hank W.

r3ddr

Post by r3ddr » Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:11 am

yup