I hate the weather here!

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
Pinja

I hate the weather here!

Post by Pinja » Thu Nov 22, 2007 10:58 pm

I'm new here. I hate the weather here. :evil:
I really don't know how to deal with it, dark, cold, rainny almost everyday!
I asked the fins here, how do they survive and they told me, just wait for the spring comes! OMFG!

I hate the weather here!

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Hank W.
The Motorhead

Post by Hank W. » Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:02 pm

Yes well people move here for the tropical climate. :twisted:
Cheers, Hank W.
sitting here like a lemon looking for a gin.

raamv

Post by raamv » Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:06 pm

so why in the world are you here then?

Jukka Aho

Re: I hate the weather here!

Post by Jukka Aho » Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:29 pm

Pinja wrote:I'm new here. I hate the weather here. :evil:
Move further north; Helsinki area isn’t the whole country. Finnish winters shouldn’t be damp and dark (at least they weren’t like that in my childhood!) but that’s often the reality in the south – especially now, with the global warming and all. Once you get proper white snow on the ground, instead of just wet slush and mud, everything’s much better.
znark

EP

Post by EP » Fri Nov 23, 2007 1:04 am

Relax, it is just November. And December. It gets darker and darker until 21st December, and after that it is all towards the light. And in June you can complain that it is so light that you cannot sleep.

But if you call temperatures around zero COLD, you don´t even know what cold is.

Makes me wonder where you come from? Most of Europe (except the very southern parts) have exactly the same weather now.

Muddy Zuk

Re: I hate the weather here!

Post by Muddy Zuk » Fri Nov 23, 2007 1:06 am

Pinja wrote:I'm new here. I hate the weather here. :evil:
I asked the fins here, how do they survive and they told me, just wait for the spring comes! OMFG!
So where exactly are you from that had such perfect climate, more to the point if you hate it so bad why stay?

There aint no point in hating weather, its kinda always goin to be there ine way ir another!!
ImageIf its muddy, Can I drive it?

Oombongo

Post by Oombongo » Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:54 am

I love this weather. I hate summer with passion though.
Image Image

jazzori

Post by jazzori » Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:16 am

I love Finland, although I must admit these dark(er) days get to me. Lately, I have no energy... I would lay all day. I barely extract myself from the bed in the mornings... Tired, depressed, etc. Damn "winter blues". It's awful, especially that (as most of the people here, I guess), I cannot afford lazying around :) So, i emphasise with you..
The solution is the light, i guess. But how you get it, don't know. Hm, try some light therapy if you have the possibility. I don't cause I would...
Free your mind and the rest will follow!

sinikettu

Post by sinikettu » Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:27 am

One of the reason I dont mind this permanent drizzle (same every November) is that I dont need to bother washing the car,.."she" accepts that all cars are covered in kakka in November ..
In Decmeber ---until end March...excuse is the "The water will freeze and jam up the locks/doors/windows!"
People do not become more irritable as they grow old - they simply stop making the effort to avoid annoying others.

Tiwaz

Post by Tiwaz » Fri Nov 23, 2007 11:40 am

Think it this way... Weather is not bad.

It's cool, thus you are not uncomfortable due to heat (dressing warmly is easier than dressing in a cool way at least for me, since when temps start to go over 20 I for one start to feel hot even wearing shorts)

Dark is not bad, city lights are rather pretty sight and that annoying, hot ball of fire is not there to ruin your nightsleep or blind you.

llewellyn

Post by llewellyn » Fri Nov 23, 2007 2:30 pm

I hate November, "dead month" indeed. And it is surely worst in the South with no snow, just wet, cold and dark. And windy. Any would-be immigrant should try Itä-Pasila in November - if you can handle that, you can handle anything. Anyway, snow would light the landscape quite nicely but we probably have no hope of it until well after Christmas.

Karhunkoski

Post by Karhunkoski » Fri Nov 23, 2007 2:41 pm

I hate the weather here!

What weather?

Too fleeking dark here to see any weather :D
Political correctness is the belief that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Rockerdatter

Post by Rockerdatter » Fri Nov 23, 2007 3:10 pm

Tiwaz wrote: It's cool, thus you are not uncomfortable due to heat (dressing warmly is easier than dressing in a cool way at least for me, since when temps start to go over 20 I for one start to feel hot even wearing shorts)
Only in the winter season, it takes forever to go somewhere because you have to put layers of layers of layers of clothing on, and then when you get someplace inside, you have to take the layers of layers of layers of clothing off. Never nice to shop in winter season, shop assistants are wearing tops and skirts, and when you step inside the shop, you start sweating like a pig. If you decide to take some of your clothing off, you end up with having no hands free for looking at things. Someone should put the heat down in stores. Or maybe somebody could design a mobile coathanger.

I'm waiting to see if I can stand the -20 degrees, christmas, and yellow/black snow as a mailman(lady). Luckily the true winter hasn't come quite yet.

Hank W.
The Motorhead

Post by Hank W. » Fri Nov 23, 2007 3:32 pm

There is two seasons in South Finland... winter and roadwork ;)
Cheers, Hank W.
sitting here like a lemon looking for a gin.

otyikondo

Post by otyikondo » Fri Nov 23, 2007 4:09 pm

Hank W. wrote:There is two seasons in South Finland... winter and roadwork ;)
Hank, Hank, how could you? You forgot the all-important season of Dogturd in late March, as the sap begins to rise...