Ronspeak for Finns

Discuss sporting topics. Game announcements, sports talk and events.
Miss Jones

Ronspeak for Finns

Post by Miss Jones » Wed Jan 28, 2004 9:58 am

Anyone who follows F1 will probably be familiar with the "Ronspeak" used at McLaren, mostly by the man himslef, his press department and (worst culprit) Martin Whitmarsh.

Kimi however, likes to tell it how it is. The other day when journalists were pestering him for a "Next Year is Mine" headline, asking him to say that he thought he would be champion and how great he is, Kimi simply replied:

"I don't want to sound like I'm full of bullsh*t."

ARE YOU LISTENING MR COULTHARD?!

Expect slapped wrists from Martin Whitmarsh and 1000 lines of "I endeavour, as always, to maximise the technical package and, in turn, contribute to the development of the package in assisting the team to the title".

Ronspeak for Finns

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

gavin

Post by gavin » Wed Jan 28, 2004 10:57 am

:lol:

Go Kimi!

I wonder if that's a personality developing?

Going to be an excellent season though. Throughly looking forward to it. :D

PeterF

Post by PeterF » Wed Jan 28, 2004 11:31 am

gavin wrote:
I wonder if that's a personality developing?

D
Toivotavasti...or as I would like to say..Totta kai.... as I have a gut feel that Kimi is going to be at the top in F1 for a long time...and will become a great ambassador for Finland.
I just hope that he is "protected" while still young...nasty memories of a certain Ski Jumper. :cry:
Who is appearing in cabaret at Maippi's hotel next month and people are actualy buying ticket to hear him sing! :roll: If he not too drunk to stand on the stage as has happened at other venues. :roll:

simon

Post by simon » Wed Jan 28, 2004 12:35 pm

[/quote]
and will become a great ambassador for Finland.
[/quote]

Dont make me laugh :shock:

I couldnt think of anyone more boring than him. No personality no talent no comment :!:

Slothrop

Post by Slothrop » Wed Jan 28, 2004 12:43 pm

I couldnt think of anyone more boring than him. No personality no talent no comment

Shame really that we live in a world where it's no longer enough to be the quickest, the sharpest in front of goal, the best at donking, or possessed of the fiercest slapshot in the business.

You have to be a painted fool, capable of saying witty things in several languages besides your own, and even then some bozo will say they think your girlfriend is a dog or a slag.

Who'd be a famous sportsman, eh?

Charisma = what people rely on when they have fuchs all else to offer the world.

(in a grumpy curmudgeonly mood today, and standing up for a talented if rather taciturn young man)

:)
"Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available" (Benford's Law of Controversy)

simon

Post by simon » Wed Jan 28, 2004 1:22 pm

WLM wrote: your girlfriend is a dog or a slag.

Who'd be a famous sportsman, eh?

Charisma = what people rely on when they have fuchs all else to offer the world.

(in a grumpy curmudgeonly mood today, and standing up for a talented if rather taciturn young man)

:)
Yawn

His girlfriend is quite nice actually..

With the amount of money he earns he should take personality lessons.

Hank W.
The Motorhead

Post by Hank W. » Wed Jan 28, 2004 1:50 pm

simon wrote: With the amount of money he earns he should take personality lessons.
But he said he doesn't want to sound like he's full of bull... :wink:
Cheers, Hank W.
sitting here like a lemon looking for a gin.

PeterF

Post by PeterF » Wed Jan 28, 2004 2:03 pm

simon wrote: no talent
With that single statement when discribing Kimi , it hangs the rest of your comments on the line as being equaly inaccuarate.
The boy is still only 23 years old..when you were 23 how well could you handle the international press and TV media..??
How well could you drive a Ford Prefect let alone a F1 car!?
I rest my case...and avoid having to get moderatated by Ace.

simon

Post by simon » Wed Jan 28, 2004 2:28 pm

Peter Floyd wrote:
simon wrote: no talent
With that single statement when discribing Kimi , it hangs the rest of your comments on the line as being equaly inaccuarate.
The boy is still only 23 years old..when you were 23 how well could you handle the international press and TV media..??
How well could you drive a Ford Prefect let alone a F1 car!?
I rest my case...and avoid having to get moderatated by Ace.
How hard is it to drive one of those things anyway???? Ive raced him on my 2003 F1 pc game and beat him every time :!:
Its all computerised anyways they virtually drive the car from the paddock all he has to do is steer the thing.

Back to the point....hes got about as much personality as my left foot

PeterF

Post by PeterF » Wed Jan 28, 2004 2:59 pm

simon wrote:[
How hard is it to drive one of those things anyway????
Suggest you stick to football. ..or scale- electric and your PC games.

Simon you know nothing about F1 or any other type of car racing ..
I thought it woud be easy and tried formula ford...scared the S"¤t out of myself, and they have one tenth the horse power of F1 car.
If driving F1 was so simple as you think do you think they would be paying 6 zero pay cheques to drivers!?

Back to personality..you avoided my question..about when you were 23..or even now...If some guy stuck a TV camera and mike under your nose and said "Talk the world want to hear your every word and watch your every move of body language!"...what would your first gems of comments be?

Niall Shaky

Post by Niall Shaky » Wed Jan 28, 2004 3:39 pm

I thought this was going to be about Ronglish.

Niall Shaky

Post by Niall Shaky » Wed Jan 28, 2004 3:39 pm

simon

Post by simon » Wed Jan 28, 2004 3:49 pm

[quote="Peter Floyd
Back to personality..you avoided my question..about when you were 23..or even now...If some guy stuck a TV camera and mike under your nose and said "Talk the world want to hear your every word and watch your every move of body language!"...what would your first gems of comments be?[/quote]

gavin

Post by gavin » Wed Jan 28, 2004 3:57 pm

Oh deary me.

Just shows that the Football fans should stick to the simple stuff that they can understand eh, Peter? Maybe he should try driving his PC at 250Kmh into the tyrewall, and see if he's so keen to jump straight into the spare and do it again. I bet he wouldn't even get out of first gear before he'd filled his nappies with sh!t.

This bozo Simon is either actually 13 years old, or is just genuinely stupid. He can't seem to work out the tricky quotes thing, anway :lol:

There's no point even argueing with people like that. :roll:

PeterF

Post by PeterF » Wed Jan 28, 2004 4:03 pm

gavin wrote:Oh deary me.

There's no point even argueing with people like that. :roll:
No comment to add.