Will this get me in trouble?

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
arsyttaaed

Post by arsyttaaed » Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:26 am

Hi all,

Okay, so it happened like this:
I was at a shopping mall, going up the escalator, minding my own business, when these young teenage brats (three girls, if I remember), who were in front of me trashed a plastic ice-cream cup on the last step of the escalator. I saw what they were upto and moved to the left side.

They continued walking in front of me and throwing plastic spoons and another cup on the floor. I was behind them, but noticed their throwing and moved to another side, and one of them threw a plastic spoon with ice-cream diagonally towards the back which barely missed me.

As a reaction, I told them rather loudly (not really a shout, but a rather loud reprimand), something along the lines of: "Et saa heittää muille", at which they continued their laughter and giggling - in your face kinda behaviour. I just called them a bunch of idiots and they replied something and well, I went my way on to the restroom. I honestly don't even think my fists were rolled up! But for me it ended there.
Question: I know these are teenagers that lack any kind of guidance/discipline at home, but on my side, I don't want any problems, it was something that happened as a knee-jerk reaction, but is it likely to get me in any trouble if these girls were to complain about me?

Just a tad worried! One shouldn't have to put up with insolent behaviour, but would appreciate some insight, but really don't fancy getting a record or worse being sent to jail over this!

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Mölkky-Fan

Re: Will this get me in trouble?

Post by Mölkky-Fan » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:30 am

What?... I guess you are looking for some praise from us for your actions :roll:

How would you be sent to jail for raising your voice to some misbehaving young girls? This is normal everyday stuff, if young kids are pissing about on the escalators most people say something...

If you punched them (or asked them to go to the restroom with you) then you would probably be sent to jail...

... and if trashing a plastic ice cream cup is the worst you have seen, then you need to get kids and see what they can get up to.
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.

Upphew

Post by Upphew » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:35 am

Mölkky-Fan wrote:If you punched them (or asked them to go to the restroom with you) then you would probably be sent to jail...
First timer? Working? Not likely.
http://google.com http://translate.google.com http://urbandictionary.com
Visa is for visiting, Residence Permit for residing.

Mölkky-Fan

Post by Mölkky-Fan » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:52 am

Upphew wrote:
Mölkky-Fan wrote:If you punched them (or asked them to go to the restroom with you) then you would probably be sent to jail...
First timer? Working? Not likely.
Sorry, as I have not punched young girls or asked them to the toilets with me, I was just guessing about jail. I succumb to you deeper knowledge and experience :D

arsyttaaed

Post by arsyttaaed » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:46 am

you need to get kids and see what they can get up to
For sure, kids will be kids, mischief, curiosity, is part and parcel and good for them as well. What I do dislike and strongly attribute to the lack of parents interest in their kids is the total and complete disregard for others and the lack of respect. Even the older Finnish generations and about 40% of the Finnish parents seem to think so. Some of these kids need to take a look around at other parts of the world and see what kids have to go through... reflect on that for a moment and then be thankful!

A few kids in our family circle when they saw the clip "Sam and Esther, check You Tube"... and then the Slumdog Millionaire. They thought it was just a movie, till one of our friends told him it was the absolute truth and just the tip of the iceberg. I think they got a newer perspective after that!
praise
Wherever did you get that idea from? Like I said, it was knee-jerk reaction!

Pursuivant

Post by Pursuivant » Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:33 pm

Now if you'd taken a rattan and caned them right then and there you might have gotten a few stares.
"By the pricking of my thumbs,
Something wicked this way comes."

ilikepeanutbutter

Post by ilikepeanutbutter » Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:54 pm

No I think you're fine. It can be frustrating when the kids act up like that.

We're having construction where we live and 3 preteen boys were playing in the mud but left their skateboards and crap all over our driveway/road. My husband asked them to move their things but they were quite rude.

I got out of the car, moved their stuff, but yelled in English "Don't leave your sh!t in the road!". I was having a bad bipolar
moment that day and am quite embarassed I said that. :oops:

The kids haven't been back since. Probably there's a local legend now of an insane English speaking lady who yells at
children. FAIL on my part.

ilikepeanutbutter

Post by ilikepeanutbutter » Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:58 pm

I asked my husband and he said if the cops weren't called right then and there, you're fine. He said growing up adults would yell at kids all the time, it was normal when he was growing up.

Katrina

Mölkky-Fan

Post by Mölkky-Fan » Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:16 pm

ilikepeanutbutter wrote:No I think you're fine. It can be frustrating when the kids act up like that.

We're having construction where we live and 3 preteen boys were playing in the mud but left their skateboards and crap all over our driveway/road. My husband asked them to move their things but they were quite rude.

I got out of the car, moved their stuff, but yelled in English "Don't leave your sh!t in the road!". I was having a bad bipolar
moment that day and am quite embarassed I said that. :oops:

The kids haven't been back since. Probably there's a local legend now of an insane English speaking lady who yells at
children. FAIL on my part.
Did you really scream sh..exclamation mark..t ?

I would also have thought you a bit mad if you shouted that at me!

Pursuivant

Post by Pursuivant » Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:50 am

I had some foreigner park across the traffic in an illegal spot right in front of me. I said "can't you park", he called me racist and I called him a camelshagging entity. Haven't seen such a burnout in a lo-o-ong time.
"By the pricking of my thumbs,
Something wicked this way comes."

Rick1

Post by Rick1 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:32 pm

Pursuivant wrote:I had some foreigner park across the traffic in an illegal spot right in front of me. I said "can't you park", he called me racist and I called him a camelshagging entity. Haven't seen such a burnout in a lo-o-ong time.
Yep that is always the first word heard, it is difficult not to become if you here that all the time :( I have heard that also sometimes that if you shout ugly words they can report you at the police. The police must have too much time I wunder sometimes.