Web-designer wanted

Useful advice on jobs, careers and entrepreneurship in Finland. Find job postings, job information, work permits and more.
fitzcarraldo

Web-designer wanted

Post by fitzcarraldo » Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:44 pm

Hi,

I am just about to start as a research student at Aalto and I plan to start a blog to chart the progress of my work. I’d like the domain name to be more professional looking than xxxxx.wordpress.com

If I buy a .fi domain name can I hire someone (for a small fee) to set up a website for this domain name so that it links directly to wordpress?

Cheers

Web-designer wanted

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Pursuivant

Re: Web-designer wanted

Post by Pursuivant » Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:33 pm

I think you can buy the redirect service from wordpress that allows you to redirect the name service. Then you just need to have a domain name from somewhere. If its just "placeholder" without space and redirect then you don't need too much. Getting a .fi domain though is a bit more bureaucratic.
"By the pricking of my thumbs,
Something wicked this way comes."

ajdias

Post by ajdias » Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:41 pm

sepideh_art

Post by sepideh_art » Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:17 am

I think wix is better than WordPress and you will have a completely professional website with your own domain and a great great opportunity in any design you want to have. Check it
Www.wix.com
If you want I can make it for you.

cherryrahtu

Post by cherryrahtu » Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:36 pm

fitzcarraldo wrote:Hi,

I am just about to start as a research student at Aalto and I plan to start a blog to chart the progress of my work. I’d like the domain name to be more professional looking than xxxxx.wordpress.com

If I buy a .fi domain name can I hire someone (for a small fee) to set up a website for this domain name so that it links directly to wordpress?

Cheers
You can buy a domain and hosting package and setup your own site looking like this www.yourdomain.com which runs wordpress, in this case I have full control and ownership of the site. .fi domain name is basically far more expensive than .com but it's up to you.

Let me know if you need any help.

Blatent2ndaccount

Post by Blatent2ndaccount » Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:42 pm

http://carbonmade.com/ becuase they make it fun.