Unbelievable Pizza

Find information on places to go, things to see, eating out, Finnish food, recipes and more
Pursuivant

Re: Unbelievable Pizza

Post by Pursuivant » Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:11 pm

But they're all pizzakekbabs... the dodgy ones are the ones with a "menu" and pizza. Thumb rule is - if the pizza is good, don't order anything off the menu, if the steaks are good don't order a pizza.
Last edited by Pursuivant on Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"By the pricking of my thumbs,
Something wicked this way comes."

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

jtammilehto

Post by jtammilehto » Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:31 pm

I'm still waiting for a good real pizza from a kebab place. Some of them have a cheese/tomato edible combinatipon on some kind of dough they bake - but they always seem to have the same unwelcome after-taste.

The only pizzas I've gotten that resemble real pizza are the ones from Italian-type restaurants - or those saying they have Italian-type food -- eg Nerone, Rivoli, Central, Villetta, Weeruska.

Sticking out as non-kebab 'less-than-good any kind of pizza' is Dennis - but that doesn't stop them from taking ridiculous prices.

KotiPizza decent - and not fitting into the above categories - but it would overcome their original owners crazy idea that Finns will only like Emmenthal cheese on pizza - and never mozzarella. Goes to show you that you don't have to be clever to make a lot of money :roll:

carolinemaher

Post by carolinemaher » Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:46 pm

and I'm still waiting for a decent kebab from a kebab place :wink:

Pursuivant

Post by Pursuivant » Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:55 pm

jtammilehto wrote: The only pizzas I've gotten that resemble real pizza are the ones from Italian-type restaurants - or those saying they have Italian-type food -- eg Nerone, Rivoli, Central, Villetta, Weeruska.
Ha, they got a decent menu, the pizzas are generally disgusting.

As for kebab, try that "pippuri" place across from SAS radisson.

MakeMonroe

Post by MakeMonroe » Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:34 pm

I had my doubts too and didn't even check the place but one night we were in the area and my friend said that now i will prove it to you and we went there. Pizza was truly delicious and the best i have tasted in helsinki. Of course it's only my opinion but i still recommend people to check it.

jtammilehto

Post by jtammilehto » Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:15 pm

well ok - if you put a monkey at the piano - and wait long enough you will get some Beethoven

so with 3457 Kebab places now in Hki - maybe one of them has found out how to make pizza

will give it a shot

sammy

Post by sammy » Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:57 pm

jtammilehto wrote:I'm still waiting for a good real pizza from a kebab place. Some of them have a cheese/tomato edible combinatipon on some kind of dough they bake - but they always seem to have the same unwelcome after-taste.
Pardon me Mr J, but judging from your posts... the day you'll be satified with anything at all it will rain cows :lol:

/ I'll get me chewing gum

raamv

Post by raamv » Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:09 am

sammy wrote:
jtammilehto wrote:I'm still waiting for a good real pizza from a kebab place. Some of them have a cheese/tomato edible combinatipon on some kind of dough they bake - but they always seem to have the same unwelcome after-taste.
Pardon me Mr J, but judging from your posts... the day you'll be satified with anything at all it will rain cows :lol:

/ I'll get me chewing gum
lolzzz.. Heya Sammy!!

FinnGuyHelsinki

Post by FinnGuyHelsinki » Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:53 am

MakeMonroe wrote:You guys ever been in pizza place called capris?. I believe they have the best pizzas in helsinki area.
Do you mean the one on Kustaankatu (between Helsinginkatu and Vaasankatu)? They're typical 'lättylä', about the same as one can expect from any of the dozens of places selling the basic cheap 5-7 euro pizza, definitely not 'best in Helsinki' by any standard. Within a couple hundred meters from there the best one IMO is Bullman, not to everyone's taste I'm sure (as by no means 'authentic') and not for every occasion, but the quality is steady and it's just the place if you're looking for 'mättö'. The place is known for their large servings (including pizza, which is around 10-12 euros) and also for not having a website or advertising much if at all. It's located on Fleminginkatu, almost in the corner of Vaasankatu.

Pursuivant

Post by Pursuivant » Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:24 pm

Theres generally some good eating places in that area.

DC21

Post by DC21 » Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:55 pm

The pizza in the indoor market in Turku is very good and cheaper than you'd get it in a restaurant